Skip to main content

Dreams...

Dreams are another exciting feature of life...we might have done without them but we are gifted with the power of dreaming and i am really thankful for having this luxury to avail:)
When we are too rigid about our approach , and see the world as we are INSTRUCTED to see...dreams are our friend(s), philospher(s) and guide(s)..
They have this huge advantage of connecting all that has any trace of a common link...something we are not able to see with open eyes. All the sensations we have are also assimilated together to produce an entirely new sensation. And they are our own personal space.

I sometimes picture them as shadows of ourselves as we are ...indulging us in unexplored and sometimes impossible(like elephants flying in the sky) but always amusing realms. Sometimes they mock us like our friends do (like dreaming abt ur lover stroking ur hand while ur blanket brushes past your hand, or dreaming about your favourite music icon singing for you while actually someone has just turned the tv on ) and so on and so forth.  They might be demon-like too...nudging us to explore our negative sides...(like hurting someone in dreams and then relishing it and then on waking up thinking..oh gosh! am i capable of that?thankfully i dont get much of them)...and intelligent people get entertained by their dreams, sometimes quickly analyse the state of their minds and sometimes solve mind boggling issues..(like the discovery of structure of benzene ring after dreaming about a snake circling around trying to bite its tail! whoaa)
For my part...when i get those horrible 'exam' related dreams, i relish the feeling of relief on waking up and realising its just a dream.
I once had a dream where a person who has played the role of a corrupt cop too many times in Hindi films came knocking at my door with the intention to kill my whole family (dunno why) and my dad was believing everything he said because he was a cop and i had the most miserable time my life trying to convey to my parents not to allow the cop have an advantageous situation over us without letting the cop catch me!
Well, retrospectively, it was a very creative and scary dream.(offcourse now it sounds funny). but i loved the sparks of genius i showed in the dream to save my family. :D
So i know that i am like Richie Rich's dog...always dreaming of being the hero (or heroine)...only i hope i dont end up looking stupid like he does...there..thats my confession for the day!
So anyone has any dream to share or for that matter anything to share? It would be fun to take out 2 mins to tell about some random interesting dream and share it...lets try it and see what the world dreams of!

Comments

  1. i find dreams pretty unscrupulous... in my case, they occur in phases.. it's like i've a certain dream reiterated for a stretch of time n then it's turn of some other dream to take over.. n during its partition of time, a dream is persistent enough to cast its shadow over other dream.. recently i've had dreams of lightning striking every place near me.. dunno wat it means :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. the best thing to do with dreams is i guess not to rack one's brains with the meaning of it because they are all a reflection of the information inside us.they are just based on the things we have seen, heard, felt or imagined at one point of time or the other and their mixing up together. so even bad dreams do have a place in our life...to help appreciate the GUD things...and since bad things happen just in our sleep, it is a better way of learning than crap happening in real life and THEN understanding this philosophy..(wooohooo i can be a philosopher too:D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have these recurring dream where there was a 3 year old kid in danger (or fighting a mortal disease) and I would be trying to save her. It was kind of weird and disturbing!
    i wrote something about it too, here: http://sleepykidlivingadream.blogspot.com/2009/05/heart-of-gold.html

    I'm not much for "interpretation of dreams" in a psychological way as much as I am for a neurological understanding of the subconscious :P

    Though the underlying poetry in dreaming is fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wohi toh best part hai...u cannot interpret dreams...its just a very very different take on life...our 'id' ...sort of our angel and demon's work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

crochet ruffle skirt for one year old

Took a sabbatical from professional life and turned to things that stimulate endorphins..... crochet being one of them. Ordered yarn and hooks and started making articles that make me happy. This blog is for those like me that spend hours on browsing patterns to decide what to make with the sheer purpose of learning new techniques and unfolding the magic of making something beautiful from a scratch.  The first pattern I am going to share is a cute ruffle skirt I made for my one year old niece.  The pattern is explained in detail in the video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFm4AlHuoqE I just added one row of slip stitch using red colour as contrast to bring out the ruffles. I used anchor mercerized knitting cotton and 3mm crochet hook. The yarn is available online at  ponycraftstore  and  pradhan embroidery store . Do post your own creations and valuable comments!! Happy crocheting!

getting euphoric about 'euphoria'

This post is dedicated to the band euphoria. And yes, their music succeeds in creating 'the' euphoria' feeling in me. Their compositions are very close to my heart, and one of my earliest memories of getting more connected to music is with dhoom pichak dhoom and maeri. Since their music has such a strong influence on me and blissfully i have something that i can hear which immediately uplifts my mood and wants me to just have fun being myself, i guess i ought to put it up on my blog.(who knows one day one of the band members might actually come across this:D)(fingers crossed) One great thing which i like about their songs is that it seems to come straight from within. The mood of the song speaks for itself. It all seems very natural. And here are some of the tracks i love listening to (and in my to do list, will one day learn to play them too:D) 1) Starting obviously with dhoom pichak dhoom. Its just awesome and sacred and needs no description. 2)Maeri. I loved this

crochet dress 'angel frock' for newborn baby girl

The pattern that I am sharing in this post allows one to go berserk with imagination. Once the basic understanding of the layout is met, there are hundred of options to explore. One can make the yoke and crochet just any lace pattern one may fancy for the rest of the dress. I am thankful to Lidia and her tutorial  for this understanding of designing frocks for girls. I made this one with anchor madura coats mercerized knitting cotton with a 3.5mm hook. The yarn is available online at  ponycraftstore  and    pradhan embroidery store . I could make this dress with 50 gm of the yarn (1 ball). I also made matching sandals for the dress from leftover yarn that I had. Click on the link  to find out about the source and materials for the sandals if you like them :) Happy crocheting !!